My original paintings can be seen in six international galleries, on Starbucks Coffee mugs, Pearl Vodka bottles, eight tapestries and on fine art edition prints in upscale retail stores and cruise ships.
My work has received lifetime honors, including The Franklin Mint Award and recently the Philadelphia Watercolor Society’s prestigious Crest Medal Award for achievement in the arts previously awarded to Pablo Picasso, John Singer Sargent and Georgia O’Keeffe.
It is said, “Your heart doesn’t know how old you are.” For me, it’s true. Painting everyday in my small studio overlooking the Pacific Ocean, I feel like a kid again playing with color, design, paint and canvas, which reminds me of the saying, “It’s never too late to be what you always should have been.” Follow your bliss!
Robert Burridge teaches a variety of painting workshops to professional and emerging painters throughout the United States, Mexico and France. His workshops have historically changed artists’ lives forever.
Daily, he receives letters and emails from artists who have attended his classes and whose careers have taken off in new and productive directions.
Robert Burridge has been selected to jury new emerging painters as well as professional painters into national and international competitions.
• Waterloo Watercolor Group, Austin, TX, Annual Members Show
• International Society of Acrylic Painters, Annual International Exhibit, Seattle, WA
• Annual Members Show, Mendocino Art Center, CA
• Annual Members Show, Paso Robles Art Association, CA
• National Plein Air Festival, sponsored by the San Luis Obispo Art Center, San Luis Obispo, CA
• Buenaventura Art Association, Ventura, CA
• S.C.A.P.E., Annual Exhibit, Santa Barbara, CA
• Annual Members Show, Lompoc Valley Art Association, CA
• “Un Ange Passe,” regional show, Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA
• Coachella Valley Art Association Annual Show, Palm Desert, CA
• Brushes & Blues Festival, Lompoc, CA
• Art Calendar Magazine, Los Angeles Art Expo exhibit
• Amsterdam Art’s International Competition & Exhibition
• California Mid-State Fair, Paso Robles, CA
• Santa Barbara Artwalk, Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara, CA
• Sausalito Art Festival, Sausalito, CA
Robert Burridge is an energetic, passionate speaker and motivator for anyone who wants to be a winner. Using real-life examples and his famous tell-it-like-it-is style, attendees proclaim a renewed vigor and a clearer sense of purpose in their artistic lives.
On a local level, he also volunteers his time teaching art to school children with learning challenges. And, at the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, Burridge paints with and creatively supports terminally ill children whose artwork now hangs in galleries.
Robert Burridge has written and published two artist books: Loosen Up Studio Workbook and Art Marketing: The Business of Selling Your Art. Plus he produced and starred in five teaching videos and DVDs. His wife, career manager and best friend, Kate, co-produced all of the above. He is also a contributing writer for Art Calendar magazine and has written features for various magazines, periodicals and newsletters.
Lack of basic drawing skills, sloppy execution, both garish and muddy colors. Overly kitschy in general.
Better works by contemporaries: Sterling Edwards, Stephen Quiller, Z L Feng, Jerry Stitt, Arnold Lowrey, Herry Arifin.