Born in and residing in Vancouver, Washington, Bev Jozwiak lives with her husband of 30 plus years. She has two daughters, two grandchildren, and her beloved dog, Chumbly. As an international award winning artist, she is a National Watercolor Society Signature Member
“Painting very directly, I place my watercolors on the paper or canvas with very little mixing on the palette. I use lots of varied color, in my blacks to keep them from going flat, in my whites to keep them glowing, and even in my skin tones to keep them interesting. Emotion plays an important part in every successful painting, so I choose only subjects that call to me and that in turn gives my work energy and excitement.”
· Graduated with honors from Western Washington University with degree in art and art history.
· Won two gold, and one silver Grumbacher medals.
· Freelanced for numerous card companies
· Received signature status in NWWS, Watercolor West, and the National watercolor Society.
· Featured in numerous magazines, including International Artist, North light Magazine, American Artist, and The Artist.
· Listed in Who’s Who in American Artists.
· Won Betsy Dillard Stroud Creative Challenge with winning entry featured in Watercolor Magic Magazine.
Included in multiple Best of Watercolor books and has most recently written a new watercolor instruction book, Painting Life with Life”.
Lack of basic drawing skills, sloppy and amateurish brushwork, muddy colors, kitschy subject matter.
Better works by contemporaries: Liu Yi, Z L Feng, Fealing Lin, Ted Nuttall, Mary Whyte, Alvaro Castagnet, Joseph Zbukvic: